Wall graphics are another great way to showcase your brand to your community. Like posters and artwork, wall graphic displays are creative. They are also visually appealing and they add personality and charisma to any business.
What makes wall graphics a better choice for creative marketing is their durability. Posters and artwork get dusty and they fade overtime, while wall graphic displays, if placed perfectly, will last in colour and vibrancy for a long time. Our team at Rockville Sign Company are experts in wall graphic installation.
You can install your wall display by yourself, but if you want it to cover an entire wall, or part of a wall, you may want to consider hiring a local sign company to install it for you. That’s because, as with anything, there is a technique to placing wall displays. You want it to be placed perfectly and look impeccable once it is installed.
Let’s take a look at the 5 tips for perfect wall graphic installation.
- Choose a location for your wall display and know your wall. This is important because the type of wall will determine which type of vinyl is needed for your display. Brick and concrete block walls are more textured which make it difficult to install regular vinyl. Though our team will use the right vinyl for textured walls.
- Measure and photograph the space where you plan to install your wall display. Make sure your photographs are high-resolution and taken in good light. Include as much detail as possible in your photographs. Such details include any door frames, windows, outlets, or other objects that might obstruct the space. Do also provide a drawing that includes all your measurements. Our team will be able to provide you with an accurate quote for production and installation when we have all the details.
- Remove all obstacles from the area if possible. Obstacles that can be removed and relocated to another area of the building include tables, chairs, bookshelves, or canvas prints. If your desired wall display can’t fit on a wall between a window and a door frame, then you will want to consider reducing its size or choosing another wall.
- Choose the right kind of paint for your wall. Not all paints are created equally. There are certain types of paint that oppose standard vinyl. A gloss paint, though, is the best paint for standard vinyl because of its adhesiveness. We will give you the best options of paint and vinyl combinations to choose from according to your needs and budget.
- Prep your wall. Before you even paint your wall, make sure that it is smooth. Fill any holes or cracks and remove any bumps or peeling paint beforehand. You may want to consider sanding down your wall if needed. Do also keep in mind that it can take up to two weeks for paint to fully dry.
If you’re considering installing a wall graphic display in your office space or lobby, consider Rockville Sign Company. Our team of experts are highly trained and specialized in design and graphic installation. Contact us today to see how we can help design and install the perfect wall graphic for your business.