Signage is a powerful marketing tool for business that’s more cost-effective than other types of marketing campaigns. Professionally built and designed signage that’s placed properly can bring any business owner a high return on investment. That’s because signage tells passersby that a business exists, and it is visually appealing and attention-grabbing.
However, it’s not enough to have the perfect sign for your business. You need to use it in a way that makes you stand out from your competition and positions you as both a leader and an expert in your field.
We at Rockville Sign Company can help you achieve just that. Our team of experienced design specialists will design and build you a sign that is professional, eye-catching, and enticing. We also have the know-how of proper installation. Here are our five top tips for flawless sign installation.
- Perform a site survey. Survey the area first before you install your sign. That way, you get to know the building layout and area typography; which side of the building overlooks a busy street. You also need to take measurements as these will determine how large your sign needs to be. All measurements and photos should be taken and recorded before you even order your custom sign.
- Know your area regulations. You may own your place of business, but even so, you still need to comply with your city or town’s regulations. Most, if not all jurisdictions require a permit for signage display. They also list regulations for where and how signage can be displayed. It is up to you to do your research and obtain a permit before you even order your signage. Then, when it comes to installation, you will need to make sure you follow all regulations.
- Dig deep holes. If you plan on mounting your sign on signposts, make sure the holes are deep enough for proper stability. A rule of thumb for digging holes: Dig them 2-4 feet deep. You may consider hiring a survey company to survey the area because you want to make sure that you are not digging over or near a gas line.
- Make sure your sign is straight and centered. A crooked sign is off-putting to prospective customers, no matter how visually appealing it is. Make sure your sign is completely straight and centered before you mount it. You can do this with a level, though it is recommended you have at least one other person helping you.
- Use a template or marker. You can use a template to place on the wall before you mount your sign. That way, you get a good idea of what your sign will look like once it’s installed. Mark the space with an erasable marker or painter’s tape before you remove the template. In doing so, you mark out the precise space for your sign. This will make it much easier for installation.
Whether you plan to install your sign yourself or need a helping hand, we at Rockville Sign Company are here for all your needs. We will work with you every step of the design and build phase to make sure you are fully satisfied with your sign. Our team will also install your sign for you if need be. Call us today to find out how we can help with all your signage needs.